Friday, December 26, 2014

Keepsakes





There have been so many keepsakes and words and memories that I destroyed.

just because it hurt me too much to keep it in possession.
But looking back, I wish I had kept  them all,each one.

The notes, and the ring
the poems wirtten for me and about me
and the dreams they dreamed up with me..
The rings and the lockets,
the voices and feelings. 
I put them all in a box,
poured my sorrow on top 
and lit the fire with my pain
I watched it burn to ash with crimson flames reflected in my eyes. 

But now I realize..
these keepsakes and experiences are such a big part of me.
Although I parted ways with them, I will never truly part with them.
They made me who I am, What I am. 
All those people..
The ones that loved me..the ones I loved..
The ones that were crazy for me..
the ones that drove me crazy.
Amid all the craze,love,pain and memories
they were the ones that helped me find myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment