Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Proclaim...

There is four hours left till the bells toll twelve
A new year is born tomorrow

A day that signifies the fresh start we all deserve
The one day of the year when everyone unites in their plight to change

All things said and done
it is the day to forget all the past and take a fresh new leaf

This year, I don't plan to make  proclamations of all the things to come
"Just you wait, you wont recognize me by the end of the year"

I have said the similar and worse, 
 this time, I am grown enough to realize,
how much I've set myself up for public failure, time and again.

I've realized I am a barking dog, that never bit
and is the one that bit off more than I can chew
I've realized I am worst enemy 
and that I've got a fast growing list 
of all the things I wanted to, needed to do..
But never got around to doing.

Most of all,
Here is what I've realized:

Proclamations are for loud mouths who never get anything done
And I've both been there and done that.

This year, 
I've decided
I'll just keep my mouth shut
just put up a thank you note for all the love 
and count my blessings and say my prayers

This year, I will let my actions be louder than my words
And this is the only proclamation I shall make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment